Although the CCM exam is practice-based, meaning all questions are based on knowledge that an experienced case manager should know and understand, I still recommend spending some time studying the material prior to sitting for the exam. The amount of time you spend will depend on several things including:
- How good of a test taker you are
- How long you have been a Case Manager
- The area of Case Management you work in
Below Are 8 Tips That Will Help You Pass The CCM Exam
1. Having a broad general knowledge is more important than memorizing facts.
2. The exam questions are direct, there are no “all of the above,” “ none of the above,” “a, b, and c” type questions.
3. Have a good general knowledge of the items in each domain. A list of the domains can be found here.
4. As the CCM Exam was recently updated by the CCMC starting with the December 2020 test, make sure your study materials reflect the changes.
5. When planning your study time, take note of the number of questions in each domain. Don’t spend the majority of your time studying an area with 7 questions and neglect to study an area with 37 questions.
6. Remember exam content is general and not specific to one company or geographical area. When answering questions, do not think about how you do it at your place of employment, but rather how Case Managers, in general, would answer the question.
7. Know the Case Management Philosophy and make sure your answers align with it.
8. And lastly, I want to share the best advice I got before taking the exam… Remember to Breathe.
If you would like a concise study guide for the CCM Exam, written by a CCM, go to CCMcertificationMadeEasy.com.
I have also put together a free step-by-step guide to studying for the CCM exam called Successful Study Strategies. If you would like me to email it to you, simply complete the form below with your personal email address and it will be on its way to you. You will be able to save this to your computer for future use and print it off if you like. Please use your personal email address and not your work email address, as most employers’ emails will not accept emails with attachments.
Interested in ccm resources
Hi Leota, You need to optin on the homepage to receive all of the resources. https://casemanagementstudyguide.com/
please add me! thank you!
If you would like to be added, simply click the blue button on this page and fill out the form. Please use your personal email address and not your employee email address as most employers email will not accept emails with attachments. Thank you.
I have been working on discharge planning as a Wound-Ostomy RN for over 5 years, and I am interested in adding the CCM certification, could you please email me your concise study guide? Thank you very much
Thank you so much for your inquiry. This is a physical book that can be purchased from our site or Amazon. See all the details and bonuses here. https://ccmcertificationmadeeasy.com/
Cannot wait to practice for this test, I want to pass it the first time.
Hi Marie, I know you will.
Interested in CCM resources
This whole website is a huge CCM Resource. Over 100 pages of specific free-to-access information and 2 sources for purchase which are The Book @ https://casemanagementstudyguide.com/ccm-certification-made-easy/ and the Online Review Course @ https://casemanagementstudyguide.com/case-management-certification-review-course/
Please am interested in your free resource to help me become s certified case manager.
If you would like to view my study notes for the CCM Exam go to CaseManagementStudyGuide.com and be sure to sign up for updates as I add content frequently. This is in the form that pops out on every page.