The Five CCM Knowledge Domains
CCM Knowledge Domains
The knowledge domains are like a blueprint of the CCM Exam. It tells us the five major areas we will be tested on. Each of the five major domains having several sub-domains, giving us more specifics of what will be covered under each domain.
Determining What is Tested
Every 5 years the CCMC conducts a research study known as the Role and Function Study. The data from this study identifies the essential activities performed by case managers, as well as the knowledge required to support the competent performance of this work. This information is then used to determine the knowledge domains for the CCM Exam.
Titles of Case Management Domains
including percentage and number of questions for each domain
- Care Delivery & Reimbursement Methods (47 questions) 31% 31%
- Psychosocial Concepts & Support Systems (40 questions) 27% 27%
- Quality & Outcomes Evaluation and Measurements (27 questions) 18% 18%
- Rehabilitation Concepts & Strategies (13 questions) 9% 9%
- Ethical, Legal & Practice Standards (23 questions) 15% 15%