On Demand CCM Prep Course
Bringing the Test Preparation Workshop to You
Case Management Institute, Deanna Gillingham, and Anne Llewellyn are excited to bring you the “On Demand CCM Prep Course” presented by Anne Llewellyn, RN-BC, MS, BHSA, CCM, CRRN.
This course is designed for those planning to sit for the Case Management Certification Examination. The program is geared to set a course of study that will help professional review areas of practice and point out sections that may need additional focus. The program is based on the Domains of Practice set by the Commission for Case Manager Certification in their Exam Blueprint.
Although this course is designed for those preparing for certification through the Commission for Case Manager Certification, it can also be helpful for those in practice as a reminder of the fundamentals of the practice of case management.
This course is meant to complement the CCM Certification Made Easy: Your Guide to Passing the Certified Case Manager Exam 3rd Edition. CCM Certification Made Easy gives you “just the facts” on each knowledge domain, this on-demand course puts the information into context.
This Course is available during this introductory period at the amazingly low price of only $397.
This course is presented by Anne Llewellyn, MS, BHSA, RN-BC, CCM, CRRN, a case management leader who shares her expertise and experiences with you in her 8 module course.
In each unit, she takes the time to explain concepts and give examples to put the information into perspective so those unfamiliar with the content are better able to understand the information and be better able to critically think through the questions and multiple choice answers.
The Case Management Institute brings you this online version as we understand that the cost and logistics of attending a live course are prohibitive to most people. It can easily cost well over $1000 in transportation and lodging fees. Not to mention the hassle of getting time off work and coordinating the time away from your family. In addition, we understand that cramming in hours of lecture in a day-long program can lead to information overload.
This online course allows you to listen and study at your own pace. You can listen as long as you want, as many times as you want, and take a break when you need to. When you’re ready to come back, whether a few minutes, days, or weeks later, your course will be waiting for you. You can review the course as many times as you wish at no additional charge.
- Participate in a course of study to prepare for national certification in case management.
- Explain the role, function, and opportunities case managers bring to the broad healthcare system.
- Define the domain and subdomains of case management practice that shape the role and function of case management.
- State examples of each subdomain to allow the principles and theories to be understandable to various practice settings.
- Identify information that will improve individual and organizational practice.
- Recognize the important role case managers play in addressing challenges and breaking down barriers to improve outcomes.
- Evaluate the important role case managers play in today’s complex healthcare system throughout the broad healthcare system.
- Isolate gaps in knowledge so you can do additional research.
Meet the Instructor
Anne Llewellyn MS, BHSA, RN-BC, CCM, CRRN, is a healthcare leader with over 40 years of experience as a critical care nurse, a nurse case manager, a professional patient advocate, an educator, and a digital journalist. Anne has expertise as an independent case manager specializing in catastrophic case management, workers’ compensation, and long-term care.
Anne is a Past President of the Case Management Society of America and was one of the original authors of the American Nurses Credentialing Center book, Case Management Review and Resource Manual. Anne has lectured nationally and internationally on case management, patient advocacy, and care coordination. She currently writes a healthcare Blog, Nurse Advocate.
Overview of the On Demand CCM Prep Course
Here’s what you get in the 8 Units of the Case Management On Demand CCM Prep Course…
- 8+ hours of instruction covering the domains and subdomains of case management practice that you will need to know in order to pass your CCM Exam
- 8 Units – Each Unit reviews the domains and subdomains provided by the CCMC Blueprint. The On Demand Course complements the CCM Certification Made Easy book so the two are to be used together
- 8 Audio Units – allows you to listen during your commute, workout, or any other time you find convenient
- Access to the instructor to answer questions or explain concepts via email
- 8.5 Continuing Nursing Education Credits. (For more information on CNE, go here.)
- BONUS: Live Test Your Knowledge workshop for a last-minute prep
- BONUS: Links to articles, reports, and other references to help you to understand terms and content
Unit 1: Introduction and Getting Started
In Unit One, we will look at the background and the make-up of the certification exam so you can have a picture of what to expect as you prepare. The unit will cover the exam make-up, the focus of the exam, and tips that will help learners use the course.
Unit 2: The Basics
In Unit Two, we will look at the basics of the practice of case management. We will review the fundamentals of the practice including philosophy, goals, goals setting, and the eight essential components of case management practice regardless of setting.
Unit 3: Care Delivery
In this unit, we will look at the Care Delivery System and the role case managers play in the delivery of care.
Unit 4: Reimbursement Models
In this unit, we will review various financial models that case managers need to know so they can work within systems when coordinating care.
Unit 5: Psychosocial Concepts and Support Systems
This unit looks at the impact of chronic disease and catastrophic injuries have on people and their families and the ways case managers and the healthcare team can mitigate those challenges to help people reach their maximum potential.
Unit 6: Quality Outcomes Evaluations and Measurement
Case managers play a critical role in quality management. This unit will review the components of quality management that case managers should be aware of.
Unit 7: Rehabilitation Concepts and Strategies
This unit looks at rehabilitation concepts and strategies.
Unit 8: Ethical, Legal, and Practice Standards
This unit will review ethical concepts, legal concepts, and practice standards in case management.
Frequently Asked Questions
When was the course last updated?
The course was updated in October 2020 to match the latest exam blueprint rolled out in December 2020. We update the course on an as-needed basis when new information becomes available.
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and finishes when you pass your certification exam! We will give you an initial 6-month membership. Need more time? No problem, just let us know and we will extend your membership to your anticipated test date. It is a completely self-paced online course. You decide when you start and when you finish.
Is the course mobile and tablet friendly?
Yep. The course is fully responsive. In addition, we give you the audio files so you can listen to the course on your mobile device.
Can the cost of this course be a deductible expense?
No accountants were involved in the making of this advice, but as it is for career development and training it may be tax-deductible, please contact your tax advisor for better information.
How long is the course?
The course is a little more than 8 hours long and has been cut up into 8 digestible and organized units, so you can refer back to it when questions about specific topics come up long after you’ve finished the course. This seems to be one of the features people like the most.